[Phpmyadmin-devel] zoom-search issues

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Thu Jul 7 22:08:50 CEST 2011

Le 2011-07-07 09:56, Marc Delisle a écrit :
> Le 2011-07-06 13:36, Ammar Yasir a écrit :

>>> OK but I don't have the time to read the full message; I must click
>>> again and this is annoying. Maybe leave it in place until I click again?
>>>
>>> Maybe just increase the time to 10 sec? or it may be 10 sec is too long ?
>
> 10 sec would be ok; but can the message disappear if I click?
Ammar,
I looked at your repo having commit
57dc8ce4a595498a7de06ee34c7aa5129da7f934.

Message is fine now. I suggest replacing
  Click data points to view the data row.
with
  Click a data point to view and possibly edit the data row.

>>> It would be so much simpler if the interface was always in Edit mode. If
>>> I don't want to edit, I just don't edit.
>>>
>>> Ok, I'll remove the feature.
>
> Thanks.

Works great now. I have a suggestion: when someone submits an edit,
since the row's data remains visible, the corresponding data point
should remain selected.

Please please please: use shorter commits. Your comment says "Removed
mode feature, appended a missing configuration directive and changed
help link duration to 10sec"; splitting these in 3 commits would have
made understanding each change easier.