[Phpmyadmin-devel] zoom-search issues

Ammar Yasir ammaryasir.88 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 04:59:35 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 1:38 AM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Le 2011-07-07 09:56, Marc Delisle a écrit :
> > Le 2011-07-06 13:36, Ammar Yasir a écrit :

> again?

> ?
> >
> > 10 sec would be ok; but can the message disappear if I click?
> Ammar,
> I looked at your repo having commit
> 57dc8ce4a595498a7de06ee34c7aa5129da7f934.
>
> Message is fine now. I suggest replacing
>  Click data points to view the data row.
> with
>  Click a data point to view and possibly edit the data row.
>

> Changed.

> If

> > Thanks.
>

> Works great now. I have a suggestion: when someone submits an edit,
> since the row's data remains visible, the corresponding data point
> should remain selected.
>
> Fixed.

I've done a basic version of edit functionality. I added a unique identifier
for each row in the query result data by using the PMA_getUniqueCondition()
from the common.lib.php file (where_clause). I then generate the update
query in the edit submit event using this where clause and post it to
sql.php. The return data is added to the  <sqlqueryresult> div to show the
query executed and the message. The plot also updates on submit if one of
the axes is updated. Is my logic is okay?
I've pushed my work and you can try scenarios on the film_actor table in the
sakila database.