[Phpmyadmin-devel] Some bugs in master

Tyron Madlener tyronx at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 14:49:18 CEST 2011

While working on the Status page monitor I noticed some bugs in the
current master demo:

- In table structure and table browse, the functions you can use on
multiple rows ( Check All / Uncheck all With selected: [ the links
here ]) are not marked as links anymore. The cursor doesn't turn into
a hand either when hovering over. Also there's lots of unnecessary
horizontal space between the links.

- Create following table:
    CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `test` (
      `test` datetime NOT NULL,
      `idx` int(11) NOT NULL
    ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

   then go to the SQL tab and execute the following:

    INSERT INTO `test` VALUES('0000-00-00 00:00:00', 1);
    INSERT INTO `test` VALUES('0000-00-00 00:00:00', 2);
    INSERT INTO `test` VALUES('0000-00-00 00:00:00', 3);
    INSERT INTO `test` VALUES('0000-00-00 00:00:00', 4);
    INSERT INTO `test` VALUES('0000-00-00 00:00:00', 5);

  This will cause the loading message to appear and disappear a second
later with no feedback of whether the query was successful

- On my thinkpad with a resolution of 1024x768 its almost impossible
to create a table, since both 'create table' links now open a jquery
dialog. We really need to fix that create table dialog.

- On the table structure page: Maybe there should be a bit of vertical
space between the table links and the "table structure html table".
And the oversize "Indexes" Title seems very out of place there.
"show/hide indexes" should also hide the create index box. Why does
the 'create index' need that big empty box anyway? This could be
replaced with a 'Create index' link altogether, that opens up a jquery
dialog containing a link "add another index" that adds another row to
the html table there. But yea, that's not a bug :D