[Phpmyadmin-devel] pma plugins

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Fri Jul 8 14:51:00 CEST 2011

Hi

Dne Thu, 7 Jul 2011 10:48:27 +0300
Tyron Madlener <tyronx at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> Just saw a new js library in master called openlayers which is 1 MiB
> minified - I guess its for OpenGIS?
>
> Since I am a great fan of small and minimal software and knowing that
> probably many of the pma userbase won't be needing certain features
> such as opengis, wouldn't it be worth considering to build some of the
> gsoc projects as a pluggable module?

Building some plugin infrastructure itself would be probably worth of
separate project. However this is something what should be designed
properly and probably is not really task for a student with no
experience with our code.

Anyway plugins are good for reducing standard code size, but will also
keep people on shared hosting without these features, because the
preinstalled version won't include it...

--
	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://phpmyadmin.cz