[Phpmyadmin-devel] Unit testing

Stas Zarubin zarubin.stas at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 07:35:51 CEST 2011

Hi.

On 13 July 2011 15:32, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Dne Wed, 13 Jul 2011 10:47:19 +0200
> Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> napsal(a):
>
>> I started to setup testing server, however I'm somehow stuck.
>>
>> I followed http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/TestingEnvironment and I
>> believe I have all components in place. However running all tests is
>> something I can not manage. http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/UnitTesting
>> mentions some configuration files, but no matter what I try, the tests
>> are not run.
>
> After little more hacking, the Jenkins server is set up at:
>
> http://ci.phpmyadmin.net/
>
> Still there are lot of things to fix, but I'm running out of time for
> now, so IMHO only basic phpunit testing works and should run daily.

I cant see your Jenkins configuration, but If you installed all
additional tools
from http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Jenkins_Setup#Installing_additional_required_PHP_Tools
there should be no problems in other things.

And in last build looks like all working fine.
Except "500 - Internal Server Error" that happened in the middle of
phpdepend task.

Currently I have no idea why some unit test failing on your server.
On my PC and virtual machine all tests working fine.

> Any hints how to fix the setup for rest are welcome (the only thing I'm
> aware is not configured is Selenium).

It will be cool if you install some additional plug in like
checkstyle, tasks, dashboard-view. To make Jenkins pages more
informative - http://zsv.dyndns.org/view/Reports/
And possibly some irc bot for notification and trigger jobs, like
pma-build on #phpmyadmin channel.

For Selenium configuration you need to download and run selenium-server.jar.
And be able to run browsers, that configured in phpunit.xml.dist file.