[Phpmyadmin-devel] Unit testing

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Thu Jul 14 08:43:49 CEST 2011

Hi

Dne Thu, 14 Jul 2011 08:35:51 +0300
Stas Zarubin <zarubin.stas at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> On 13 July 2011 15:32, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Dne Wed, 13 Jul 2011 10:47:19 +0200
> > Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> napsal(a):
> >
> >> I started to setup testing server, however I'm somehow stuck.
> >>
> >> I followed http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/TestingEnvironment and I
> >> believe I have all components in place. However running all tests is
> >> something I can not manage. http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/UnitTesting
> >> mentions some configuration files, but no matter what I try, the tests
> >> are not run.
> >
> > After little more hacking, the Jenkins server is set up at:
> >
> > http://ci.phpmyadmin.net/
> >
> > Still there are lot of things to fix, but I'm running out of time for
> > now, so IMHO only basic phpunit testing works and should run daily.
>
> I cant see your Jenkins configuration, but If you installed all
> additional tools
> from http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Jenkins_Setup#Installing_additional_required_PHP_Tools
> there should be no problems in other things.

I've installed all these.

> And in last build looks like all working fine.
> Except "500 - Internal Server Error" that happened in the middle of
> phpdepend task.

Probably because the jenkins itself consumes quite a lot of memory and
virtual host it is running had limit to 512MB, increased it.

> Currently I have no idea why some unit test failing on your server.
> On my PC and virtual machine all tests working fine.
>

> > Any hints how to fix the setup for rest are welcome (the only thing I'm
> > aware is not configured is Selenium).
>
> It will be cool if you install some additional plug in like
> checkstyle, tasks, dashboard-view.

I've installed all plugins listed on wiki. Though I don't see any tasks
plugin there on the list, so I'm now installing and the plugin list "Task Scanner
Plugin", hopefully it is the one you mean.

> To make Jenkins pages more
> informative - http://zsv.dyndns.org/view/Reports/

I still don't get this one, maybe some more plugins are needed for it?

> And possibly some irc bot for notification and trigger jobs, like
> pma-build on #phpmyadmin channel.

Maybe in future, for now I'd like to get basic setup working :-).

> For Selenium configuration you need to download and run selenium-server.jar.
> And be able to run browsers, that configured in phpunit.xml.dist file.

I know, I simply lack time to set it up properly right now.