[Phpmyadmin-devel] Unit testing

Stas Zarubin zarubin.stas at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 09:01:18 CEST 2011

On 14 July 2011 09:43, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Dne Thu, 14 Jul 2011 08:35:51 +0300
> Stas Zarubin <zarubin.stas at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>
>> On 13 July 2011 15:32, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:
>> > Hi

>> > After little more hacking, the Jenkins server is set up at:
>> >
>> > http://ci.phpmyadmin.net/
>> >
>> > Still there are lot of things to fix, but I'm running out of time for
>> > now, so IMHO only basic phpunit testing works and should run daily.
>>
>> I cant see your Jenkins configuration, but If you installed all
>> additional tools
>> from http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Jenkins_Setup#Installing_additional_required_PHP_Tools
>> there should be no problems in other things.
>
> I've installed all these.
>
>> And in last build looks like all working fine.
>> Except "500 - Internal Server Error" that happened in the middle of
>> phpdepend task.
>
> Probably because the jenkins itself consumes quite a lot of memory and
> virtual host it is running had limit to 512MB, increased it.
>
>> Currently I have no idea why some unit test failing on your server.
>> On my PC and virtual machine all tests working fine.
>>

>> > Any hints how to fix the setup for rest are welcome (the only thing I'm
>> > aware is not configured is Selenium).
>>
>> It will be cool if you install some additional plug in like
>> checkstyle, tasks, dashboard-view.
>
> I've installed all plugins listed on wiki. Though I don't see any tasks
> plugin there on the list, so I'm now installing and the plugin list "Task Scanner
> Plugin", hopefully it is the one you mean.

Yes. This is short names.

java -jar jenkins-cli.jar -s http://localhost:8080 install-plugin tasks
java -jar jenkins-cli.jar -s http://localhost:8080 install-plugin dashboard-view
java -jar jenkins-cli.jar -s http://localhost:8080 install-plugin cron_column

>> To make Jenkins pages more
>> informative - http://zsv.dyndns.org/view/Reports/
>
> I still don't get this one, maybe some more plugins are needed for it?

After you install Dashboard View plugin, you need to create new view
by clicking on "+" and adding some tables and charts to view.
Or paste the xml that I attached in main Jenkins confing
(/var/lib/jenkins/config.xml) into <views> section, affter
<hudson.model.AllView>