[Phpmyadmin-devel] Navigation integration for Routines, Triggers and Events

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sun Jul 24 20:53:29 CEST 2011

Le 2011-07-24 14:32, Rouslan Placella a écrit :
> Hi there,
>
> I planning to integrate the Routines, Triggers and Events into the
> navigation frame. To achieve this I'm thinking about adding another
> level to the navigation tree in non-light mode (light mode is
> unaffected). So that after expanding a database you might be left with
> more items like 'tables', 'indexes', 'routines', 'triggers' and
> 'events', which you have in turn expand. Even though triggers are
> per-table items and every thing else is a per-database item, I think
> that it's best to show these on a per-database basis in order to avoid
> another level in the navigation. Please find an initial mock-up for this
> feature in the attachment. Your thoughts?
>
> Rouslan

It's interesting but as the light mode is the default, I'm afraid that
this feature won't be seen by many.

Can't you show routines, triggers and events also in light mode, (maybe)
with an expansion mechanism?

The main idea of the light mode is not to avoid displaying expansion
mechanisms, it's to avoid performance issues so it fetches only the
tables of the current database.