[Phpmyadmin-devel] question about a message

Tyron Madlener tyronx at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 17:51:59 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:
> Tyron,
>
> Message: "This columns shows the amount of identical queries that are
> grouped together. However only the SQL Text is being compared, thus the
> queries other attributes such as start time may differ."
>
> I changed it to
> "This columns shows the amount of identical queries that are grouped
> together. However only the SQL Text is being compared, thus the queries
> of other attributes such as start time may differ."
>
> but I'm not sure of my change. I don't understand the part after "thus"
>
> Also, should it be "These columns" or "This column" ?

This column. The trailing 's' is a typo.
What I mean with that is: Let's say the log contains 10 identical sql
queries. Then I group them together and set the count to '10', but the
other attributes, like the start time is most likely different for
each of those 10 queries. I am however only displaying the start time
of the first of the 10 identical queries.

So it means "The attributes (apart from the SQL Query) of the other 9
queries, such as start time, may differ."

Let me rephrase :-)

"This column shows the amount of identical queries that are grouped
together. However only the SQL Query itself has been used as grouping
criteria, so the queries other attributes, such as start time, may
differ."

Does that sound a bit better?