[Phpmyadmin-devel] Query analyzer

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sat Jul 30 19:16:50 CEST 2011

Le 2011-07-30 12:58, Tyron Madlener a écrit :
> On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 7:53 PM, Tyron Madlener <tyronx at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> It's ok to be usable through the monitor page only; but where exactly
>>> should I be looking for this on the monitor page?
>>
>> As mentioned in the Instructions dialog you will need to first setup
>> logging then select a time span in any of the charts. This will open a
>> dialog that let's you load the logs.

I admit I had not read all the "Using the monitor" explanation, but I
have a suggestion. The second paragraph starting with "When you get to
see..." should have a bold title like "Displaying queries for a time
span". This would have got my attention better.

>> Might be worth considering to open the same dialog through a link at
>> the top right to the instructions link.
>
> Or I could add a notice below the charts advising the users to select
> a time span.

Could be useful but users should have read the instructions :)

Another suggestion: near the "Disable" links for the logs, add links to
disable and empty the logs in one click, unless you find this too dangerous.