[Phpmyadmin-devel] Fw: Column resizing & reordering

Aris Feryanto aris_feryanto at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 12:04:55 CEST 2011

Hi Rouslan,

----- Original Message -----
> From: Rouslan Placella <rouslan at placella.com>
>
> On Thu, 2011-06-02 at 20:31 -0700, Aris Feryanto wrote:
>>  Hi Rouslan,
>>

>>  > From: Rouslan Placella <rouslan at placella.com>
>>  >
>>  > I click and drag on the double horizontal arrow and try to make a
> column
>>  > wider. When I release the mouse button, the column is correctly
> resized.
>>  > I click and drag again on the same column separator to make the column
>>  > thinner. Now, after I release the mouse, the column is not resized.
> The
>>  > mouse is still locked in resize mode and the vertical line that shows
>>  > what size the column will be is still visible. I click the mouse once
>>  > more and that exits the resize mode, though the column is not resized.
>>  >
>>  > Firefox 4.0.1/Linux, didn't try other browsers or OS. Hope this
> helps.
>>  >
>>  > Rouslan
>>  >
>>
>>  Fixed. This one is really tricky. It seem that firefox 4 has some mechanism
> to generate "system's drag and drop" if the same column separator
> is dragged twice. So, I added javascript to hide and then show again the column
> separator when a mouse click is released. I found that jQuery plugin like
> "flexigrid" also done it this way.
>>  Please kindly test the new version in [0].
>
> Looks like it's working great :D
>
> Now you're going to start hating me, but I found another problem. You
> assume that the first column in the result set will contain the action
> links. Not true. Go to 'Settings' -> 'Main frame' ->
> 'Browse mode' ->
> 'Where to show the table row links' Change from 'Left' to any of
> the
> other options like 'Nowhere', 'Right' or 'Both'. Go back
> to browsing
> mode and you see that the action links are displayed differently, but
> only column 1 is locked from reordering.

I've just found this one an hour ago. Currently fixing it, hoping it will finish before you all tested it. But, you already tested it first. :p
Anyway, thanks. Really appreciated.

P.S.: Weird. I sent this email few minutes ago. And got failure notice telling the email was not sent successfully. This is the first time I got failure sending to phpmyadmin devel list.

--
Aris Feryanto