[Phpmyadmin-devel] Column resizing & reordering

Rouslan Placella rouslan at placella.com
Fri Jun 3 11:37:55 CEST 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-02 at 20:31 -0700, Aris Feryanto wrote:
> Hi Rouslan,
>

> > From: Rouslan Placella <rouslan at placella.com>
> >
> > I click and drag on the double horizontal arrow and try to make a column
> > wider. When I release the mouse button, the column is correctly resized.
> > I click and drag again on the same column separator to make the column
> > thinner. Now, after I release the mouse, the column is not resized. The
> > mouse is still locked in resize mode and the vertical line that shows
> > what size the column will be is still visible. I click the mouse once
> > more and that exits the resize mode, though the column is not resized.
> >
> > Firefox 4.0.1/Linux, didn't try other browsers or OS. Hope this helps.
> >
> > Rouslan
> >

> Fixed. This one is really tricky. It seem that firefox 4 has some mechanism to generate "system's drag and drop" if the same column separator is dragged twice. So, I added javascript to hide and then show again the column separator when a mouse click is released. I found that jQuery plugin like "flexigrid" also done it this way.
> Please kindly test the new version in [0].

Looks like it's working great :D

Now you're going to start hating me, but I found another problem. You
assume that the first column in the result set will contain the action
links. Not true. Go to 'Settings' -> 'Main frame' -> 'Browse mode' ->
'Where to show the table row links' Change from 'Left' to any of the
other options like 'Nowhere', 'Right' or 'Both'. Go back to browsing
mode and you see that the action links are displayed differently, but
only column 1 is locked from reordering.

Rouslan