[Phpmyadmin-devel] Column reordering

Aris Feryanto aris_feryanto at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 10 03:30:38 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: Tyron Madlener <tyronx at gmail.com>
>
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:
>>
>>  I am also wondering how to "publicize" these two new features
> (how to
>>  make  more apparent that these are available).
>>

> Ideas:
> - A dragging indicator like gmail emails have on their left end
> - A border around each column that fades in and out when hovering over
> - When pma db is available, a speech bubble pointing at the columns
> explaining the new feature (which appears only one time)
> - 'Tip of the day' or 'Did you know?' - Box on the pma main
> window

Good ideas. Another idea: how about small popup balloon when hovering table header?
(like in http://www.apple.com/why-mac/compare/)

> Btw.: Column reordering behaves weird when you try to drag the column
> while your mouse is over the column text.

I think it is because the browser think we are dragging a link. Will find some way to make this better.

> And one feature suggestion: A small 'x' on each column corner allowing
> you to hide them.

Yes, this is the next feature I would like to implement. Show/hide column.

--
Aris Feryanto