[Phpmyadmin-devel] Users survey

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Mon Jun 13 16:16:29 CEST 2011

Hi

Dne Mon, 06 Jun 2011 12:38:12 -0400
Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):

> What country do you live in (country of residence)?
>
> How old are you (in years)?

I think it's good to know some basic information about our users.

> Which phpMyAdmin version(s) are you using? (because we know that host
> providers and distros do not tend to upgrade quickly; knowing what's the
> version used by the persons answering the survey won't give us the full
> picture)

You can usually install own copy of phpMyAdmin, so this still gives us
the information how much are people willing to be up to date.

> Which MySQL version(s) are you using? (I'm not sure what will be the
> benefit of knowing this)

To see how many people can use features introduced in new MySQL
versions.

> Which PHP version(s) do you use to run phpMyAdmin? (because it might be
> difficult for them to answer)

Indeed it might be.

> Rate your own proficiency with SQL

I find interesting to find out whether phpMyAdmin is mostly used by
novices or by people who have great knowledge of SQL, but are lazy to
write it :-).