[Phpmyadmin-devel] Table charting pChart replacement

Rouslan Placella rouslan at placella.com
Mon Jun 13 21:31:48 CEST 2011

On Mon, 2011-06-13 at 20:56 +0200, Tyron Madlener wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 8:12 PM, Rouslan Placella <rouslan at placella.com> wrote:

> >> I've committed a bunch of fixes for bugs/style glitches that I found.
> >> I didn't test my stuff with the original theme before.
> >>
> >> There's still some issues that I'd like to mention:
> >>
> >> - Chart export under IE8 still doesn't work yet. Though the canvg
> >> author told me he would work on it next Sunday.
> >> - I've just discovered chart export in other browsers is a bit
> >> glitchy, as canvg ignores the svg element attribute
> >> visibility="hidden" - however I dug into the canvg code and fixed this
> >> for text and path elements (which before created a lot of overlapping
> >> text elements on pie charts). So now there is only this odd cross in
> >> the upper left corner and some other weird element rendered at the
> >> bottom center of the image. I've reported this bug and it's fix as
> >> well. So that might be fixed real soon.
> >> - On real-time charts, it sometimes happened to me that the refreshing
> >> stopped after I have exported it. I couldn't reproduce this yet.
> >
> > Just seen those real-time charts for the first time now. Nice work, that
> > is so cool! =D
>
> Glad to hear that :)
> The highcharts library is doing a really good job there.
>

> > BTW, I noticed that when switching from one tab (say "server traffic")
> > with real-time chart to another one (say "query statistics") and then
> > back, the refresh also stops.
>
> Odd, that doesn't happen to me. In Chrome it keeps refreshing when I
> tab away and it keeps refreshing when I tab back.
> What browser do you use? Any javascript errors in the console?

Error is with Firefox 4.0.1 / Ubuntu Linux 64-bit
Works fine in Chrome 11 and Opera 11 though.
Nothing in the error console.

Also, you probably already aware of this, but with JavaScript turned off
the status page looks really bad now. There are lots of things out of
place, some gibberish JS object being printed and also the "realtime
chart" button that does nothing.