[Phpmyadmin-devel] Row not highlighted in browse-mode

Tyron Madlener tyronx at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 18:40:24 CEST 2011

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 6:14 PM, Aris Feryanto <aris_feryanto at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just noticed in current master, if we have cfg_BrowsePointerEnable=true (it is default to true) and browse a table, the row is not highlighted completely when we hover a row.
> >From the git bisect, I found it happen first time after:
>
> commit f771e68a73dfca6199030c1598b23e92de50f64c :
>    - Fix for: If the moseout event on the row highlighting fails to get called (e.g. when having html code in the row), the toggle class will wrongly assign the hover class next time the element is being hovered over
>     - Better formatted PMA_createChart()

I'm to blame for that bug. I've changed the hover behavior because my
table rows in the server variables table stayed highlighted sometimes
when the user hovers over them vertically while having the moue near
the edit link. That this change works for some tables (such as table
structure) but not for table browsing is surprising.

The reason for the bug it is that on table browsing the event.type var
is 'mousenter' not 'mouseover' altough the jQuery docs for .live() say
mouseenter is mapped to mouseover. Or am I understanding it wrong?

"As of jQuery 1.4.1 the hover event can be specified (mapping to
mouseenter and mouseleave, which, in turn, are mapped to mouseover and
mouseout)." - http://api.jquery.com/live/