[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSOC 2011 Drizzle : remarks

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 12:45:30 CEST 2011

Hi Piotr,

I hope you are doing well. How did your finals go?

I have some questions, remarks and suggestion about your latest commits :

* commit 2e01d01b322 : Change all calls of SHOW KEYS/INDEX that use
MySQL-specific fields to use query generation function

in db_datadict.php :

-        $indexes_info[$row['Key_name']]['Non_unique']      =
$row['Non_unique'];
+        $indexes_info[$row['Key_name']]['Non_unique']      =
PMA_DRIZZLE ? $row['Unique'] : $row['Non_unique'];

Shouldn't $row['Unique'] be inverted?

* commit d607fa3e5c : Make live query chart work in Drizzle

Please use CONCAT(), it makes the query better readable.

* commit a5342c70ea : Server Status: remove warnings, make process
list and query stats work (Drizzle)

1) Same remark about CONCAT().

2)
-        <td><?php echo $process['User']; ?></td>
+        <td><?php echo PMA_DRIZZLE ? $process['Username'] :
$process['User']; ?></td>

Is there a way of changing 'Username' to 'User' where the process
array is generated?
I think it's better to have as little PMA_DRIZZLE code in the front
end (i.e. html-generating) php files as possible, and try to catch the
differences in the libraries instead. This makes the html-generating
code better readable, and your project more easy to merge with master.

On a side note : I've been thinking about what you did for main.php.
Could you create a lib-function for the servertype check?

--
Kind regards,

Dieter Adriaenssens