[Phpmyadmin-devel] Is vertical mode useful?

Tyron Madlener tyronx at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 18:06:08 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 3:16 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that vertical mode has been available for ages in phpMyAdmin but
> I'm wondering if it's useful.

How did it get there in the first place?

> Maybe this could be asked in the user survey but I would like opinions
> from this list, soon.
>
> The reason is that supporting this mode for all new features increases
> code complexity; I am in favor of removing this feature.

I'd also suggest to make some sort of survey about this before
removing it. As for me, I have never used it either, but I could
imagine it would be useful for tables with *lots* of columns.
It is indeed questionable whether it pays off to have vertical mode
for the price of increased code complexity.