[Phpmyadmin-devel] Show/hide column feature

Tyron Madlener tyronx at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 20:53:07 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 7:04 PM, Aris Feryanto <aris_feryanto at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I've just pushed my commits for show/hide column feature. If you have some time, please give it a try at [0] and let me know if you have any comment or suggestion.
>
> When you are testing, please note that the feature still lack of some things:
> - column visibility list drop-down arrows are shown in "too many" places when display mode = vertical AND repeatCells = small number
> - the hide (small X) button is sometimes annoying, especially when we want to sort a small column (e.g., usually ID). I've tried to resize all columns using jQuery to properly display the "hide" button next to the column label. But, unfortunately, it is quite slow. Any other suggestion? Should we remove the "hide" button?
>
> [0] http://demo.phpmyadmin.net/gsoc-aris

Looks good, but how about you put "CTRL + Click to hide" into the
tooltip and remove the X button therefore? Otherwise theres many
features within a really small space, that way its getting difficult
to select the right one.

Also I think it would be enough to add one button that resets column
order and show/hide state, instead of 2 separate ones.