[Phpmyadmin-devel] Zoom-search suggestions

Ammar Yasir ammaryasir.88 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 17:31:15 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Ammar Yasir a écrit :
> >

> > On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 5:43 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info
> > <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>> wrote:
> >
> >     Ammar Yasir a écrit :
> >      >
> >      > On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info
> >     <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>
> >      > <mailto:marc at infomarc.info <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>>> wrote:
> >      >
> >      >     Le 2011-06-17 18:16, Ammar Yasir a écrit :
> >      >      > On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Marc Delisle
> >      >     <marc at infomarc.info <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>
> >     <mailto:marc at infomarc.info <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>>> wrote:
> >      >      >
> >      >      >> Ammar,
> >      >      >> it works well so far!
> >      >      >>
> >      >      >> Suggestions:
> >      >      >>
> >      >      >> - As the default data label, use the display field if it
> >     exists
> >      >     (from
> >      >      >> libraries/relation.lib.php, PMA_getDisplayField() )
> >      >      >>
> >      >      >> - For the title, instead of "Scatter Plot", give some
> >      >     indications (how
> >      >      >> to zoom, how to click, etc) or give a link to get such
> >     indications
> >      >      >>
> >      >      >> - Is it possible to enlarge the size of the working zone?
> >      >     ideally, to
> >      >      >> drag it by one of its corners?
> >      >      >>
> >      >
> >      > I used the jquery-ui plugin and implemented this.
> >
> >     Ammar,
> >     please push your repo.

Hi,

I was implementing the edit functionality for a data point. What I have done
is that user selects the mode(browse / edit), mouse cursor changes
accordingly to indicate what mode is on and in browse mode onClick, for now
I just prompt/alert the data row.
For the edit mode, I create a popup using jquery, where each field will be
displayed just like the tbl_search page ( minus the field type, collation,
operator elements) and the value field I will update from the clicked data
row. Should I go through with this (creating a popup like tbl_search page) ?
I've organized the tbl_search code into libraries so code wont be duplicated
much.

> > I made some changes and pushed my work.
> >   - Put a limit on the number of rows retrieved (500).
>
> This should not be hardcoded; please create a new configuration directive.
>
> Is it fine to put it in the config.default.php file? It says 'do not edit'
so just confirming.