[Phpmyadmin-devel] Zoom-search suggestions

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Tue Jun 21 14:36:36 CEST 2011

Ammar Yasir a écrit :

> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 5:43 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info
> <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>> wrote:
>
>     Ammar Yasir a écrit :
>      >
>      > On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info
>     <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>
>      > <mailto:marc at infomarc.info <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>>> wrote:
>      >
>      >     Le 2011-06-17 18:16, Ammar Yasir a écrit :
>      >      > On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Marc Delisle
>      >     <marc at infomarc.info <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>
>     <mailto:marc at infomarc.info <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>>> wrote:
>      >      >
>      >      >> Ammar,
>      >      >> it works well so far!
>      >      >>
>      >      >> Suggestions:
>      >      >>
>      >      >> - As the default data label, use the display field if it
>     exists
>      >     (from
>      >      >> libraries/relation.lib.php, PMA_getDisplayField() )
>      >      >>
>      >      >> - For the title, instead of "Scatter Plot", give some
>      >     indications (how
>      >      >> to zoom, how to click, etc) or give a link to get such
>     indications
>      >      >>
>      >      >> - Is it possible to enlarge the size of the working zone?
>      >     ideally, to
>      >      >> drag it by one of its corners?
>      >      >>
>      >
>      > I used the jquery-ui plugin and implemented this.
>
>     Ammar,
>     please push your repo.
>
> I made some changes and pushed my work.
>   - Put a limit on the number of rows retrieved (500).

This should not be hardcoded; please create a new configuration directive.

>   - Added two additional search criteria.

OK.

>   - A link that provides some help regarding how to use.

Please put the new message in js/messages.php. I'm not sure about the
line feeds, however.

>   - The working area can be dragged by the bottom right corner to
> enlarge it.

OK.

>   - Default label is taken from PMA_getDisplayField().

I tested and it does not work for me (I have defined a display field for
the film table and it does not show up as a default label).

> For the panning feature, I went through the forums at highcharts and
> they might be coming up with it by the end of this month (beta release)
> or next month
> (http://highcharts.uservoice.com/forums/55896-general/suggestions/724254-scrolling-charts)

OK.