[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSOC

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 18:48:51 CET 2011

2011/3/19 Aman Gautam <ipians.aman at gmail.com>:
> Hii All...
> Congratulations to all community members for being selected for GSOC yet
> again. Well I should introduce myself. My name is Aman Gautam. I am doing
> engineering from Delhi, India currently in pre-final year. I have been using
> phpMyAdmin since my first year. I have knowledge of php and the MVC
> architecture together with OOP in PHP. I have contributed to Joomla and I
> live in a world of open source.  I would like to participate in GSOC as a
> student. I found the phpMyadmin OOP
> project(http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2011_Ideas_List#phpMyAdmin_OOP)
> very interesting.
> I have been through the source code of phpMyAdmin. I found it all
> structural. Easy to configure but harder to extend. I have been using it for
> about 2 years now. I would like to contribute to it too. I will be obliged
> if someone can guide me for the same further.
>
> Regards
> Aman Gautam

Hi Aman,

Thanks for your introduction and welcome to the mailing list.

As you have familiarized yourself with the code of phpMyAdmin, you
should have an idea what part of PMA you could transform to OOP. We
expect you to make a proposal. Just keep in mind that you should be
able to create the class(es), implement it in the current PMA code,
test and document it in the available time frame (12 weeks of 40
working hours).

Good luck with GSoC and submitting your proposal.

Kind regards,

Dieter