[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoG 2011: Reg Zoom-search idea

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sat Mar 19 21:30:10 CET 2011

Le 2011-03-19 15:13, Ammar Yasir a écrit :
> Sir,
>
> I looked at the table search page. One problem I find is that a form such as
> table search page consists of all the columns. I think in general a user is
> interested in at most 2-3 criteria for searching at once. If number of
> columns are more(in a table eg. users table in mysql database), the search
> table form will contain lot of irrelevant fields(to his query). Can the page
> be something like it asks the user to select the column first, then its
> detail and then again a column if he wants to build the query further?

(Please do not top-post, conversations are difficult to follow).

I was referring to the Table Search page because we'll have to avoid
duplicating the same functionality on many pages.

You are right, the table Search page displays all the columns in "query
by example" but in its Options hidden panel you can choose the columns
that will be displayed. I think that this behavior could be improved by
adding a way to quickly hide or show which columns are to receive a
search criterion.

Try to avoid a behavior that would be too sequential.