[Phpmyadmin-devel] Patch "POST inline edit data only if needed"

Madhura Jayaratne madhura.cj at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 07:04:42 CET 2011

Hi Mark,

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Hi,
> as part of solving this bug [0]
> please test this patch [1] against current master and report in the
> patch tracker.

I tested the patch. It seems to work fine.

> [0]
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3220370&group_id=23067&atid=377408
> [1]
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3234554&group_id=23067&atid=377410
>
> We'll still need to find a way to display the updated timestamp, but at
> least with this patch the timestamp is updated in the modified row.
>
> I guess we can do a query on the updated timestamp and feed it to the front
end with the ajax response.
However I would like to know the possibility of doing a query on the whole
tuple and feeding it to the front end. This way we will be able to avoid
number of code duplications we have now.
--
Thanks and Regards,

Madhura Jayaratne