[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC Idea: Improved Status Page with Statistics

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Thu Mar 24 13:49:31 CET 2011

Hi

Dne Tue, 22 Mar 2011 21:05:06 +0100
Tyron Madlener <tyronx at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> I sometimes missed a feature to see how much load the MySQL Server
> receives. The phpmyadmin status page unfortunately only shows current
> and total values. So my proposal is:

Yes, the reason for this is problematic collection of historical data.
Please check mailing list archives, this topic has been heavily
discussed last year, when charts were being implemented.

> Unfortunately making such charts would probably require the user to
> install some sort of cronjob and we have to store a history of records
> to make the charts. So it either would need to pollute the mysql
> database with a table or we store it in a text file.

You should come with acceptable solution to this. cron job is something
you really can not do on most hostings, what is quite limiting.

> I have seen that you require GSoC applicants to be developers of
> phpmyadmin, so I will go and check if there's anything in the tracker
> that I can fix or build within the next days.

Indeed, we require at least some knowledge of the code to see that
student is actually able to contribute.

> P.S.: Your changelog
> (http://www.phpmyadmin.net/documentation/changelog.php) linked from
> (http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/docs.php) seems to be broken.

Thanks for noticing, fixed it to redirect to demo server.