[Phpmyadmin-devel] Database Search and Ajax

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sat Mar 26 11:40:08 CET 2011

Le 2011-03-26 05:48, Thilanka Kaushalya a écrit :
> Hi Marc,
>
>   I got your point and I have checked the issue with the latest update from
> the master. But in my machine it does not give any issue and updates
> correctly to the 0 matches after deletion. I have shared the screenshots of
> the scenario with this doc [1]. In the previous patch I have handled it by
> triggering the go button the search criteria after the deletion by jquery
> trigger function. So it should work fine.

It seems I found the one case where it fails: if the table is listed as
the last one in the search results. Can be reproduced in the sakila
database if you add the "zzz" table to it, insert some data and search
for it in the db search.

> Now I have a another problem which I have raised with the my last mail and I
> think my explanation with that mail was unable to convince you the problem.
> I have added the new "Show/Hide search results" option to toggle the browsed
> and deleted results which are appear below the "Show/Hide search criteria"
> link. I have share a doc containing the above scenario [2](This doc contains
> the scenario of the Hide/Show search results as understood by me). But I'm
> not sure whether I have provided the right feature for your request. Is this
> correct or should I change "Show/Hide search results" option to toggle the
> results appearing under "Search results for *a* at least one of the words"
> heading( Which I have highlighted by the number 4). If so please correct me.

For me, "Search results" only means your area 4, not what you get at the
bottom when you click on Browse in the search results and see rows from
a table (let's call this the "Showing rows" area).

So I would like a "Show/Hide search results" link to toggle this "Search
results" area.

It is clearer this way?