[Phpmyadmin-devel] Wanna join OOPs implementation

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 20:45:53 CEST 2011

2011/3/28 Rakesh Kumar <kumar3180 at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>     I am a student pursuing B Tech(Graduation) in Computer Science and
> Engineering from India and i am in final semester.I am new to this community
> and posting my views for the very first time. I want to convert this
> application into Three tier architecture. I have worked on PHPMyAdmin for my
> personal purpose.
> I also want to work for User Interface improvement but couldn't get so much
> idea about it, if somebody can help me understanding it?
> I have a working experience of one year in PHP and i work as a freelancer
> also in PHP for an organization. And this time i want to contribute in
> PHPMyadmin as a part of my open source evangelism.
> I don't have any idea how to post properly on this list so please guide me
> if i went wrong anywhere.
>
> --
> Thanks and Regards
> RAKESH KUMAR
> www.linux-delhi.org

Hi Rakesh,

Completely converting phpMyAdmin to another system, be it 3-tier
architecture, MVC or something else, is out of scope for GSoC.

If want to apply for the OOP project of GSoC, you better focus on
converting a small part of the current phpMyAdmin code into a class.
Are you familiar with OOP? Do you know about Design patterns [0] and [1]?
You can get some inspiration for possible classes : [2]

BTW : Did you read the applicants guide [3], especially the part about
submitting a patch?

[0] https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Design_patterns
[1] https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/os-php-designptrns/
[2] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Class_structure