[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC 2011:phpMyAdmin OOP (Mateusz Lewandowski)

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Tue Mar 29 15:58:47 CEST 2011

Hi

Dne Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:23:59 +0200
Mateusz Lewandowski <gandalfml at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> In my opinion convert phpMyAdmin into MVC is great idea, but as Dieter wrote
>

> > There is no real plan of converting phpMyAdmin completely to MVC at
> > this moment.
> >
> But if you are interested into do it, I think that we can try, but not under
> GSoC and the best time to start I think will be after this project.

It might be great idea, however as stated earlier in this list, this
has several problems. What should be done first is separating
functionality from the html code. Simply moving functional code to some
classes and using them from html. This way we get incremental changes
while allowing later to migrate to MVC. Also such move in future would
be much easier than with current monolithic code in many places.