[Phpmyadmin-devel] Getting started with unit tests

Herman van Rink rink at initfour.nl
Sun May 1 14:14:55 CEST 2011

On 29-04-11 19:21, Rouslan Placella wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get started with unit tests in PMA as I will be expected
> to create some for the features on which I will be working during the
> summer of code. Well, I have little experience with unit testing and,
> well, I can't get even any of the existing tests to run. And the Wiki
> page is not much help IMO. For example, when I execute "phpunit
> AllTestsPHP" from my console, I get the following error:
>
> Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare PMA_ifSetOr() (previously declared
> in /var/www/phpmyadmin-my/libraries/core.lib.php:39)
> in /var/www/phpmyadmin-my/libraries/core.lib.php on line 46
>
> Any help with this or even a nodge in the right direction much
> appreciated. Thanks.

The current testcases are in bad shape, and are particularly dependant
on some environment settings.
It will be part of Zarubin Stas' project to get these in shape and
improve the documentation for running the tests yourself.
He's already started on his blog: http://zsv.org.ua/2011/pma-dev-env/

PS: Please don't start a new message by replying to a message from this
list. In the mail headers a reference is kept to the original thread
which screws up the threading in most clients. This also increases the
chance that your message get overlooked.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / Regards,

Herman van Rink
Initfour websolutions