[Phpmyadmin-devel] Fwd: regex-replace UI suggestion

Piotr Przybylski piotr.prz at gmail.com
Thu May 12 13:18:48 CEST 2011

2011/5/12 Karol Danko <quibusus at gmail.com>:
> Hi, I have done basic functionality - It still needs more work but any
> feedback would be great
>
> I did not implement the original proposal which can be found sooner in this
> mailing list, instead I made it more simple as Marc Delisle suggested
> screen:
> http://phpmyadmin-regexreplace.karoldanko.com/screen1.png
> just select 'regex' function in select fieldset, uncheck 'ignore' in replace
> fieldset
> demo:
> http://phpmyadmin-regexreplace.karoldanko.com/
> user: parizank_test
> pass: phpmyadmin
> git:
> http://repo.or.cz/w/phpmyadmin-regexreplace.git

I think it would be useful to have some example available (eg. "how do
I replace all occurrences of 'Name Surname' with 'Surname Name'") and
a link to MySQL docs explaining REGEXP syntax. Also, some explanation
on Function column would be nice.

Check for column types, phpMyAdmin doesn't show REGEXP operator for
int columns - in this case col1 in Replace is useless (?).

--
Piotr Przybylski