[Phpmyadmin-devel] OpenGIS and Flot

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Fri May 20 11:13:54 CEST 2011

Hi

Dne Wed, 18 May 2011 18:01:15 +0530
Madhura Jayaratne <madhura.cj at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> I did it as a test run and it is not finalized. Unfortunately I can't get
> flot to draw polygons with inner rings and that was a dead end for me. So
> right now I'm looking into generating all the GIS visualizations with SVG.
> In particular I am trying to generate them with jQuery-SVG.
>
> Well, I agree that flot makes the life very easy for developers and the
> graphs are rich in quality. However you get less control over the plot. For
> example with SVG, I can manipulate each elements in the plot, but in flot
> that ability is limited to few events they have exposed. I'm not sure how
> this applies in your case, you might not want to manipulate it at all.

Okay, I think we should use as few graphing libraries as possible,
ideally only one, but I'm not sure if it is possible. So let's summarize
what every project needs and try to find viable solution.

I think for charts, it would be nice to save them, but that does not
seem to work with neither flot nor jQuery-SVG.