[Phpmyadmin-devel] Javascript

Tyron Madlener tyronx at gmail.com
Fri May 20 22:24:18 CEST 2011

First of all: I hope I'm not too annoying with all my
suggestions/questions. Otherwise let me know. My mind is always filled
with random ideas ;)

I'd like to spark some discussion about noscript-support, particularly
after I read that it was a feature suggestion for phpMyAdmin 3 over 3
years ago (http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/phpMyAdmin_3).

I don't know the numbers, but I would assume that nowadays, the
percentage of pma users that do not have javascript on must be very
low. If there's uncertainty about it, maybe we could start some
survey/poll on the phpmyadmin site? (I would offer myself to build it)
>From what I can see in the global trends, is that the amount of
non-javascript users has been steadily decreasing, with current
statistics talking about only 1-3% of internet users having javascript
disabled.

It feels like a clear disadvantage to me needing to always consider
non-javascript users, ending up with programming every feature twice
where I could program twice the amount of features instead ;)

Having said this, does pma really need noscript-support?