[Phpmyadmin-devel] AJAXify phpMyAdmin Interface - GSOC 2011 - Create Table in navigation panel

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sun May 22 13:23:51 CEST 2011

Le 2011-05-21 07:27, Thilanka Kaushalya a écrit :
> Hi Marc,
>
> Thilanka,
>> Assuming you have checked out your branch in your repository, try this:
>> git push
>>

> Thank you and now it is working.
>
> I pushed the changes I have done up to now. with this commit [1].
>
> Can you check for the issues I have mentioned earlier and shown in this doc
> [2] .
>
>    1. First create the table using navigation bar and then create another
>    table using the form at db_structure and db_operations - This popups
>    couple of dialog boxes (two or three) with a dialog with the entered table
>    name (1 in image )and others with the empty name(2 in image). (as shown in
>    the scenario 3 in the doc [1]).
>    2. First create the table using the forms and then create another table
>    using the link at the navigation bar - After submitting the
>    create_table_form at the dialog it shows that the required fields are empty.
>
> In these changes I have just used direct strings as follows.
> *     title: 'Create Table'*
> I need to add it to *PMA_messages{}* function but I cannot find the place
> where I can include the messages.php file to navigation.php. How can I
> include it.
>
> Please help me on these issues.
>
> [1] -
> http://repo.or.cz/w/phpmyadmin/thilanka.git/commit/0598d99925efdda3983656a6b9497e159f9d7e82
> [2] -
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nf11ta4TXvG53JOmb7xANIB0GT7v9Rj8GdbAH_ICz7I/edit?hl=en&authkey=CM_izoME#

Hi Thilanka,

First, are you using Firebug to debug this? In Firebug with Firefox 4 I
can see that at my first attempt to create a table from the navi panel,
there is a js error in the Ajax logic of jQuery. Maybe using a "get"
this way with jQuery is not supported.

I made a suggestion in this thread, about running jQuery in the context
of another frame. For an example, look at the last line of
js/server_privileges.js.

Other points:

- to simplify the code, instead of selecting $('#newtable') and then
looking for the ajax class on the a element, you could put the ajax
class directly on the newtable id and select $('#newtable.ajax')

- watch your indentations (for example in navigation.php)

- you are creating the div id="create_table_dialog" in the "if" and also
in the "else" so its creation should be moved before the "if"

- in navigation.php, try calling js/messages.php after calling
js/functions.js

- when creating js variables, use var; for example, instead of
url = $('#newtable a').attr("href");
var url = $('#newtable a').attr("href");

this way, the variable appears in Firebug and is easier to follow