[Phpmyadmin-devel] Javascript

Tyron Madlener tyronx at gmail.com
Tue May 24 14:35:45 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Tyron Madlener <tyronx at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Dne Mon, 23 May 2011 18:33:30 +0200
>> Tyron Madlener <tyronx at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>>
>>> By the way, for dropping support for browsers without js it would be
>>> useful to have
>>> all the js variable definitions in the right frame. The ones that are
>>> currently defined in the
>>> parent page where the <frameset> is defined.
>>> You could read it with a parent selector, but that doesn't work if one
>>> opens a page in a new
>>> tab.
>>
>> Actually when dropping support for browsers without js, we could drop
>> frames as well, because we would reload content only and not the list
>> of the tables. However these are bigger changes which are probably not
>> on the schedule right now...
>>

> Oh yes, thats a great idea. Let's do this someday :)

Until we build this, can I make a temporary solution and add (some) of
those variables to my server_status.php header? That would mean I need
to make the variable definitions in the php file (=inline js)
That would simplify my js code and wouldn't require any adjustments
once the frames are gone, except for deleting some lines of code where
the js variables are being defined.