[Phpmyadmin-devel] Settings page always show restore default value

Aris Feryanto aris_feryanto at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 14:49:21 CEST 2011

On 24 Mei 2011, at 17:17, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Le 2011-05-24 03:19, Aris Feryanto a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've just merged my branch with the current phpMyAdmin official master branch and want to add a new field in the settings page.
>> But, when I open settings page, then open some settings tab, I noted that the green arrow button to restore default value is always shown on every fields.
>> I also have confirmed this on the phpMyAdmin demo page.
>> Is some recent changes cause this?
>
> Hi Aris,
> thanks for noticing this.
>
> Using the technique explained in [0], it seems that this happened when
> upgrading from jQuery 1.4.4 to 1.6.1.

I found a link [0] and in the section "Upgrading From 1.5.2 to 1.6.1", there are some notes about the new split of .attr() into two functions: .attr() and .prop(). And I looked into config.js, there are a lot of usage of .attr('tagName'), which is in jQuery 1.6.1 must be accessed through .prop('tagName'). I think we can do a quick replace of .attr('X'), for some X which is now considered as property in jQuery 1.6.1.

[0] http://blog.jquery.it/2011/05/12/jquery-1-6-1-released/

--
Aris Feryanto