[Phpmyadmin-devel] Settings page always show restore default value

Tyron Madlener tyronx at gmail.com
Tue May 24 15:13:01 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Aris Feryanto <aris_feryanto at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 24 Mei 2011, at 17:17, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:
>
>> Le 2011-05-24 03:19, Aris Feryanto a écrit :
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've just merged my branch with the current phpMyAdmin official master
>>> branch and want to add a new field in the settings page.
>>> But, when I open settings page, then open some settings tab, I noted that
>>> the green arrow button to restore default value is always shown on every
>>> fields.
>>> I also have confirmed this on the phpMyAdmin demo page.
>>> Is some recent changes cause this?
>>
>> Hi Aris,
>> thanks for noticing this.
>>
>> Using the technique explained in [0], it seems that this happened when
>> upgrading from jQuery 1.4.4 to 1.6.1.
> I found a link [0] and in the section "Upgrading From 1.5.2 to 1.6.1", there
> are some notes about the new split of .attr() into two functions: .attr()
> and .prop(). And I looked into config.js, there are a lot of usage of
> .attr('tagName'), which is in jQuery 1.6.1 must be accessed through
> .prop('tagName'). I think we can do a quick replace of .attr('X'), for some
> X which is now considered as property in jQuery 1.6.1.
> [0] http://blog.jquery.it/2011/05/12/jquery-1-6-1-released/

I think you are incorrect. That behavior was indeed implemented in
jQuery 1.6, but reverted back in 1.6.1.

Hence the sentence in the blog:
- "When updating from 1.5.2 to 1.6.1, you should not have to change
any attribute code."
- "However, as previously stated, jQuery 1.6.1 will allow you to use
.attr() just as it was used before in all situations."

So the bug (theoretically) should not come from the .attr() behavior.