[Phpmyadmin-devel] Users survey

Piotr Przybylski piotr.prz at gmail.com
Wed May 25 12:09:39 CEST 2011

2011/5/25 Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com>:
> Hi all
>
> when I did setup survey site for deciding default theme for 3.4, I've
> also got idea to get more feedback from our users. This can help us in
> making some decisions about future development.
>
> We can take inspiration from Git User's Survey [1] (check last survey
> and results [2]).
>
> I think the survey should be open for pretty long time, let's say two
> months, to acquire as much feedback as possible.
>
> I've started collecting questions on wiki [3], basically starting with
> questions based on the Git ones.
>
> [1]:https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/GitSurvey2010
> [2]:https://www.survs.com/results/33Q0OZZE/MV653KSPI2
> [3]:http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/User%27s_Survey_2011

I think 5, 6 and 8 should have one more option - "I don't know" (and
most questions should get some comment box).

14. Most people won't know what HTML5 is, it's better to add some
explanation, or skip this altogether. HTML 5 availability is based on
minimum supported browser versions, users won't care. Software should
work :)

15. Add "never used any"

Otherwise looks ok. After completing questions I think we should give
this survey to some phpMyAdmin beginner and ask for comments to find
potentially difficult questions (ones that result in user quitting the
survey). Also, I don't think we should go over 20 questions. If we
have more, we should decide which ones to use in the actual survey.

--
Piotr Przybylski