[Phpmyadmin-devel] Users survey

Tyron Madlener tyronx at gmail.com
Wed May 25 12:22:32 CEST 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> when I did setup survey site for deciding default theme for 3.4, I've
> also got idea to get more feedback from our users. This can help us in
> making some decisions about future development.
>
> We can take inspiration from Git User's Survey [1] (check last survey
> and results [2]).
>
> I think the survey should be open for pretty long time, let's say two
> months, to acquire as much feedback as possible.
>
> I've started collecting questions on wiki [3], basically starting with
> questions based on the Git ones.
>
> [1]:https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/GitSurvey2010
> [2]:https://www.survs.com/results/33Q0OZZE/MV653KSPI2
> [3]:http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/User%27s_Survey_2011

Some Suggestions:

@Question 1,2:
Interesting to know but how does that help for the future development?

@ Question 6,7
Some people might use phpmyadmin e.g. for MariaDB alone, so question 6
probably should probably be made dependent on question 7, whereas
question 7 maybe should be changed into "For which Database do you use
phpMyAdmin"

@ Question 8 & 9
'proficiency' sound complicated, how about 'knowledge'?

@ Question 14
Maybe this question should be changed into something like "Does your
browser support the following technologies and have you enabled them?"

Plus some side note which major browser versions support html5 properly.