[Phpmyadmin-devel] Zoom Search

Ammar Yasir ayax88 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 15:43:14 CEST 2011

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Le 2011-05-29 03:11, Ammar Yasir a écrit :
> >> Ammar,
> >> it's OK to have two components but please refactor common code into
> >> functions and put them in a new libraries/tbl_select.lib.php that will
> >> be called from both components; otherwise it will be difficult to
> maintain.
> >>
> >> An example of needed refactoring: the "Gets the list and number of
> >> fields" section.
> >>
> >> I did refactoring in two areas:
> > 1) As you proposed, Getting the list and number of fields.
> > 2) The where clause generation in the query-building part.
> >
> > Should we also do for the HTML part? Some part of that (for example the
> > foreign keys display part) is common but also has HTML content embedded.
> > Apart from that since the zoom-search form takes the field as input so
> rest
> > of the form is based on that constraint. So I was thinking that the HTML
> > part can stay as it is.
> >
> Ammar,
>
> The foreign keys display part is a good example of needed refactoring.
>
> I don't know how much HTML refactoring you are willing to do, but some
> HTML is easy to refactor, for example:
> - the section that sets $titles['Browse']
> - the beginning of the table with headers Column, Type, etc

Parts refactored are:
- Setting titles (titles['Browse']])
- getting fields list (getting column details)
- setting sub-tabs (Table search and Zoom search)
- setting table header of QBE display
- displaying foreign data
- search criteria input elements (HTML content generation for the input
elements)