[Phpmyadmin-devel] Visualizing GIS data.

Madhura Jayaratne madhura.cj at gmail.com
Tue May 31 17:34:35 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 6:01 PM, Tyron Madlener <tyronx at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Madhura Jayaratne
> <madhura.cj at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I have pushed into my repo, the code for visualizing GIS data. I used SVG
> > for this purpose and i'm writing the SVG tags accordingly. This allows
> the
> > users without JS support also to view the visualizing oppose to using
> jQuery
> > SVG to generate SVGs. Further it allows the SVGs to be saved, which is
> one
> > of the upcoming features. However I use jQuery SVG to manipulate the SVGs
> > (zoom and pan), so the users with JS support gets a better user
> experience.
> > I have also integrated two small libraries [1],[2] to allow panning the
> SVG
> > on dragging and zooming on mouse wheel movement. These are not strictly
> > needed but nice to have ones.
> > One problem of SVG is the IE versions <=8 does not support is. I am using
> > the GD library to generate a PNG image for them and this is in line with
> > saving those visualization to various formats.
> > You can test this out at my demo server[3] using the data in the opengis
> > table. Please be kind enough to share your comments.

Hi Tyron,

Thank you for your time.

> 2 things I noticed:
> - When zooming it doesn't zoom relative to the cursor position

Yes, I think this should be addressed. I'm looking into it.

- I couldn't use any of the form fields below - the svg area was always in
> focus

What do you mean by 'form fields below'?  You mean the links referring to
the GIT version and all(bottom right)? Yes, that link does not seems to
work. But the link in the advertisement on bottom left is working. Wonder
how that happens.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Madhura Jayaratne