[Phpmyadmin-devel] coding guidelines and GSoC

Madhura Jayaratne madhura.cj at gmail.com
Tue May 31 18:37:43 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 9:59 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A friendly reminder to our GSoC students: please refer to [0] for coding
> guidelines.
>
> At least one of the students I mentor sometimes uses tab characters for
> indent.
>
> [0] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Coding_guidelines
>
> --
> Marc Delisle
> http://infomarc.info

Hi all,

If you are using PHP-Eclipse as your IDE you can set the tab policy to use 4
spaces. (Window menu -> Preferences -> PHP -> Code Style -> Formatter). This
will use 4 spaces instead of tab character whenever you go to a new line by
pressing enter. However it will not prevent tab characters set by explicitly
pressing tab button. So for that you have to make it a habit to use spaces
in place of tab.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Madhura Jayaratne