[Phpmyadmin-devel] Should $cfg['PropertiesIconic'] = true be applied globally?

Madhura Jayaratne madhura.cj at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 12:51:15 CEST 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Le 2011-09-14 22:06, Madhura Jayaratne a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > In PMA 3.5, $cfg['PropertiesIconic'] = true has been applied to 'Query
> > results options' section and even to the fieldset legend of 'Bookmark
> this
> > SQL query' section (Pls see the attached screenshots). Should
> > $cfg['PropertiesIconic'] = true be applied globally? Or should it only be
> > applied to "db and table properties links (like 'Browse', 'Select',
> > 'Insert', ...)." as per documentation.
>
> Madhura,
> first, please clarify something. As the default value of
> $cfg['PropertiesIconic'] is 'both', are you really asking whether
> $cfg['PropertiesIconic'] should be applied in these situations?
>
> --
> Marc Delisle
> http://infomarc.info
>
> Hi Marc,

My concern was about the behavior when $cfg['PropertiesIconic'] = true.
As the screenshots show, 'Query results operations' in 3.5, go 'icon only'
when $cfg['PropertiesIconic'] = true, which was not the case in 3.4.
1) I was wondering whether this change was intentional
2) And more importantly, any guideline on which should go 'icon only'
with $cfg['PropertiesIconic'] = true and which should not

--
Thanks and Regards,

Madhura Jayaratne