[Phpmyadmin-devel] Should $cfg['PropertiesIconic'] = true be applied globally?

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Thu Sep 15 18:40:26 CEST 2011

Madhura Jayaratne a écrit :

> On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info
> <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>> wrote:
>
>     Le 2011-09-14 22:06, Madhura Jayaratne a écrit :
>      > Hi all,
>      >
>      > In PMA 3.5, $cfg['PropertiesIconic'] = true has been applied to
>     'Query
>      > results options' section and even to the fieldset legend of
>     'Bookmark this
>      > SQL query' section (Pls see the attached screenshots). Should
>      > $cfg['PropertiesIconic'] = true be applied globally? Or should it
>     only be
>      > applied to "db and table properties links (like 'Browse', 'Select',
>      > 'Insert', ...)." as per documentation.
>
>     Madhura,
>     first, please clarify something. As the default value of
>     $cfg['PropertiesIconic'] is 'both', are you really asking whether
>     $cfg['PropertiesIconic'] should be applied in these situations?
>
>     --
>     Marc Delisle
>     http://infomarc.info
>
> Hi Marc,
>
> My concern was about the behavior when $cfg['PropertiesIconic'] = true.
> As the screenshots show, 'Query results operations' in 3.5, go 'icon
> only' when $cfg['PropertiesIconic'] = true, which was not the case in 3.4.
> 1) I was wondering whether this change was intentional
> 2) And more importantly, any guideline on which should go 'icon only'
> with $cfg['PropertiesIconic'] = true and which should not
>
> --
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Madhura Jayaratne

I don't think that this change was intentional. I have pushed
87c7d027ac101b57a2d3c445155e05de0144c29e to force text in this case.

We need text next to the legend. About "Query results operations", we
can discuss it but at the minimum, if the text is not forced, we should
document the behavior in Documentation.html for $cfg['PropertiesIconic'] .