[Phpmyadmin-devel] [GSoC2012] Refactoring: Table search, Db search, Multi-table query

tuncay kilicoglu kilicoglutuncay at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 17:33:24 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am Tuncay Kılıçoğlu. I study Computer Engineering  at Çanakkale 18 Mart
University, Turkey. Open source is very popular at our university (4 of my
classmates were at GSoC last year :) ) , I have involved with some open
source projects with Pardus ( A Turkish Linux distro that had been to GSoC
2 times before). I joined COMAK project which is a project about running
Pardus tools with Gnome rather than KDE. I love Gnu/Linux.

Besides that, I have worked at a few commercial companies for a year w,th
PHP. I used to  use Zend framework for a long time. I'm well adapted to
PHP's niceties. I've used Mysql so far and PhpMyadmin is my favoriate
database manager interface. I also liked software engineering lessons at
school a lot and I use many refactoring techniques consistently.

I need to take some advice before I start reading source code. What kind of
refactoring styles are we talking about? What are Table search, db search
and multitable query are related to? What's bad with current code? Do we
also need to modularize scripts into seperate for better abstraction? or
It's about refactoring inner details of functions? or is it about
objectifying the code?

Please give me a quick brief about project because I couldn't find any on
mailing list. (You may give the link for the thread, too)

Thanks in advance, Best,
--
Tuncay KILIÇOĞLU