[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC student repositories and branching

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Fri Apr 27 13:34:30 CEST 2012

Hi

Dne Fri, 27 Apr 2012 07:13:58 -0400
Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):

> I got a question from a student I am mentoring, about using many feature
> branches in his tree. Here is the answer that apply (at least) to the
> two students I mentor.
>
> Because the sub-projects on the schedule are linear, my opinion is that
> it will be simpler to just use the master branch, completing one feature
> before starting the next one.

I expect this will be the usual case, so one branch should work quite
well.

However in case you start hacking on something completely different
(eg. you notice that some quite unrelated function should be rewritten
or fixed), it would be better to have such changes separately to allow
easier and faster merging of such fixes. Preferably such branches
should branch off official repository.

--
	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://phpmyadmin.cz