[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC student repositories and branching

Atul Pratap Singh atulpratapsingh05 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 12:19:19 CEST 2012

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Dne Fri, 27 Apr 2012 07:13:58 -0400
> Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):
>
> > I got a question from a student I am mentoring, about using many feature
> > branches in his tree. Here is the answer that apply (at least) to the
> > two students I mentor.
> >
> > Because the sub-projects on the schedule are linear, my opinion is that
> > it will be simpler to just use the master branch, completing one feature
> > before starting the next one.
>
> I expect this will be the usual case, so one branch should work quite
> well.
>
> However in case you start hacking on something completely different
> (eg. you notice that some quite unrelated function should be rewritten
> or fixed), it would be better to have such changes separately to allow
> easier and faster merging of such fixes. Preferably such branches
> should branch off official repository.

Thanks for clearing up my doubt related to using separate branch. As my
GSoC project includes refactoring, I would prefer to use the master branch
only. I have updated my Git repo information on the wiki page [0]. Please
update my demo server [1] to point to the new repository.

Thanks
Atul

[0]
https://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2012_Projects#Refactoring:_Table_search.2C_Db_search.2C_Multi-table_query