[Phpmyadmin-devel] Issues with refactoring of tbl_structure

Rouslan Placella rouslan at placella.com
Fri Aug 17 15:05:08 CEST 2012

On 17/08/2012 13:17, Thilina Buddika Abeyrathna wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Rouslan Placella <rouslan at placella.com
> <mailto:rouslan at placella.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 17/08/2012 12:00, Thilina Buddika Abeyrathna wrote:
>      >
>      >
>      > On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Rouslan Placella
>     <rouslan at placella.com <mailto:rouslan at placella.com>
>      > <mailto:rouslan at placella.com <mailto:rouslan at placella.com>>> wrote:
>      >
>      >     Hi all,
>      >
>      >     I've found some obviously broken HTML tags on
>     tbl_structure.php and
>      >     I assume that this is due to the recent refactoring of this
>     page. I
>      >     couldn't find where the issue is in the code, but it manifests
>      >     itself in the "more" dropdown as links there are now not
>     clickable.
>      >     Screenshot attached.
>      >
>      >     Another thing that I noticed in the new *_structure code are
>     the new
>      >     function names. Not sure if it's just me, but after a 2
>     minute look
>      >     I found all of these functions where IMO the names can be
>     improved:
>      >
>      >     PMA___getHtmlForPrintViewAndDataDict__ionaryLinks - too long?
>      >     PMA_SortableTableHeader - starts with a capital unlike others
>      >     PMA_getAliasAndTruename - incorrect camel case
>      >     PMA_getStuffForEnginetable - meaningless + incorrect camel case
>      >     PMA___getHtmlForCheckAlltableColumn - incorrect camel case
>      >     PMA_getHtmlForSomeLinks - meaningless
>      >     PMA_getHtmlForRowStatstableRow - incorrect camel case
>      >     getHtmlForRowStatsTable - no PMA_ prefix
>      >     PMA___getHtmlForDistincValueAction - spelling: "Distinct"
>      >     PMA___getHtmlForActionsIntableStruct__ure - incorrect camel case
>      >
>      >     Bye,
>      >     Rouslan
>      >
>      >
>      > Hi  Rouslan,
>      > Thank you for spent time to look at my code. And I'll improve those
>      > function names,
>      > And I'll look at the mentioned bug also.
>
>     The bug is an unclosed div tag at line 1831 in structure.lib.php
>
> Thanks  Rouslan.

Hi Thilina,

There seems to be a whole bunch of other bugs on the table structure
page that have to do with the dropdown menu. It would be great if you
could look at this asap as these have caused breakages in my branch.

To reproduce, create a table with the following definition:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `gfdfgd` (
   `a` int(11) NOT NULL,
   `s` linestring NOT NULL,
   `f` text NOT NULL,
   PRIMARY KEY (`a`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT;

Then, please look at the attached screenshots.
In screenshot-1, the fulltext link is missing from the text column.
In screenshot-2, both the fulltext and spatial links are missing.
In screenshot-3, you can see an unwanted link in the top left and a
fulltext link for a spatial column.
In screenshot-4, you can see an spatial link for a text column.

I didn't do a bisect...

Bye,
Rouslan