[Phpmyadmin-devel] Github Fork+Clone = PHP Error. Also Status Monitor.

Rouslan Placella rouslan at placella.com
Mon Dec 3 23:45:32 CET 2012

On 03/12/12 18:39, Tyron Madlener wrote:
> Sadly there also seems to be a big memory leak with jqplot. Letting the
> monitor run for a longer time causes my Chrome consume 1-2 GB of memory.
> Maybe old data values are not being deleted?
>

> On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 6:29 PM, Tyron Madlener <tyronx at gmail.com
> <mailto:tyronx at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Heya. Haven't written in a while. This appears when I browse a table
>     from my forked github pma of today:
>
>     *Parse error*: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in
>     *E:\htdocs\nikolaus\pma\phpmyadmin\libraries\DisplayResults.class.php* on
>     line *3879*
>

>     The seems to be a lot of new bugs + glitchy behavior in the Status
>     monitor, since the transition to jqplot. Here are a few i could pin
>     down:*
>
>     - roccivic for some reason deletes the local storage when the page
>     unloads, though it's intention was for storing settings:
>     https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/commit/9d4799e6728adf792dc955a59a868d61adad2be6#commitcomment-2243979

Yep, my bad. I'll put that back some time soon.

>     - Reloading the page while in the monitor will result in a js error
>     in jqpload and not load the charts
>
>     - The query analyzer dialog doesn't show the profiling chart
>     anymore. For this however I took the freedom to fix this + graphical
>     glitches myself and send a pull request on github:
>     https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/113

There are several other things that aren't right with the server status
pages. In general I find that there are many problems related to the
tabbed navigation, so I'm splitting the different server status features
into separate pages. This should also improve further maintainability of
the system.

By the way, will you be hacking the server status pages any time soon?
We might want to try and avoid any merge conflicts, if you do...

>     On another note:
>     - Mousewheel scrolling doesn't work in the left pane when I
>        1. Expand a DB with many tables
>        2. Expand the tables
>        3. Switch to page 2
>
>     - Also the left pane scroll bar is so massively fat, is that intended?

Yes, that's how I intended it to be. JM, had provided a thinner
replacement version, but that also came with a list of bugs that IMO
didn't justify the benefits.