[Phpmyadmin-devel] Preparing for Gsoc 2013

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 18:19:16 CET 2012

2012/12/15 Senura Yasaswin de Silva <senurayasas at gmail.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm a computer engineering student at university of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. I
> would like to contribute to
> phpmyadmin in the next summer.
> So I went through the idea list of this summer
> https://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2013_Ideas_List

Thanks for your interest in a possible GSoC 2013. As mentioned on the
wiki, we are not sure yet that there will be a GSoC 2013 or that
phpMyAdmin will be part of it.
But of course you can start preparing, by getting involved in the
community and getting up to speed on the project you are interested
in. More info about this can be found on the wiki page you mentioned.

> I'm interesting about automated testing Idea since I have experienced in php
> and mysql.
> Can someone explain me more about this idea ?

Take a look at our wiki section on unit tests [0].
More info on automated unit tests can be found here : [1]
And of course, Google is your friend, for more general information on
unit tests, selenium tests, jenkins and Travis CI. ;)

[0] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Unit_Testing
[1] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Continuous_Integration

--
Kind regards,