[Phpmyadmin-devel] ready for 4.0.0-alpha1 ?

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 14:51:22 CET 2012

2012/12/19 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>:
> Rouslan Placella a écrit :
>> On 12/13/2012 05:44 PM, Marc Delisle wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> Let's discuss an alpha version for 4.0. In the bug tracker, I tried to
>>> find issues that are serious enough to block releasing the first alpha
>>> version, and could not find any.
>>> Opinions?
>> The server status monitor pages still need some work, I have a branch
>> with a whole bunch of fixes[0] that I intend to merge some time soon.
>> Even after I do so, there will still be a few more bugs in those pages,
>> all old and untracked, including a show-stopper in the localStorage
>> feature. I'll file them as soon as I get a chance on the tracker.
> The split-server-status branch has been merged, the localStorage feature
> has been fixed.
> Anything else that would be a showstopper for an alpha1 ?

Nothing I can think of at the moment.

This would mean we go into 'preparation for the next major release'
mode, which will mean a freeze on features and new translatable
strings [0].
Should we create a QA_4_0 branch  at this point, were all the
preparations for 4.0 go? Or will we wait with this branch until we go
into the release candidate stage?
How about code cleanup? Only in master or do we still allow it for
4.0-dev until the rc-stage.

[0] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Gettext_for_developers#Guidelines_on_adding.2Fupdating_messages_in_the_different_branches

Kind regards,

Dieter Adriaenssens

More information about the Developers mailing list